Saturday, June 11, 2011

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue :)

Established by Teresa Joubert and Stephen van Eeden, the GELIEFT brand is inspired by Dutch design and French flamboyance and together they create beautiful (impeccably made!) and fashion-forward bridal wear. To celebrate their first birthday in April 2011, the brand gathered 20 of their past brides to be a part of an amazing shoot in Paarl, South Africa where the brides wore their bridal gowns again. I have gathered a few photos of this shoot as well as some of Teresa and Stephen's work to show you just how beautiful and romantic it really is :)


Photos of GELIEFT Bridal and Evening couture as well as a few photos of their prèt-a-porter garments displayed below..

GELIEFT Photo shoot











Watch a video of the photo shoot here


BRIDAL COUTURE









 EVENING COUTURE



Prèt-a-porter





 These garments in real life? All I can say is WOW! To check out the rest of their designs, visit there website HERE

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

As a part of our curriculum this year we have to do a 3 week internship during our June/July holiday. I heard about Stephen and Teresa's brand last year when a family friend's daughter got married in a beautiful custom made GELIEFT wedding gown. The mother of the bride wore a stunning black lace, fitted, sleeveless, V-neck dress also by GELIEFT. I was imPRESSED.. 

I decided to take a chance and e-mailed them. We set up a meeting and after showing them some of my work, chatting for an hour and a half (they were very friendly!)and receiving a tour of their adorable studio,  I am happy to say that Teresa and Stephen are allowing me to intern with them! I am extremely excited :D This is such an amazing opportunity for me to learn from two of the best, I will definitely keep you posted.

Wish me luck! :)
xoxo


1 comment: