Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Our.last.storyboards. :) All smiles! This assignment was a lot of fun I must say. We had to listen to 6 songs and write down what that song reminded us of or how it inspired us. Designing garments while listening to music is waaaaaay better and easier. We then had to choose 1 figure/look out of the 6 on our worksheet and create a storyboard for that look. I chose the song "Sweet home Alabama by Lynard Skynard"


This song is fun to dance and sing to and immediately gave me a glimpse of mysterious cowboys riding off into the sunset on their stallions - Stetson hats n' all. 'The Good, the Bad, the Ugly' is a 1966 western film directed by Sergio Leone. My design ideas were mainly inspired by this movie and so I used warm colours (westerns are always set in extremely hot and dry locations) to create the parched, desert feel.






How cool is Clint Eastwood?!



I will not miss the mounting, labels nor will I miss the technical drawings.. definitely not the technical drawings. BUT I will miss the sketching, the creativity and that feeling you get when the end product came out better than you expected. Just a few weeks left of college, a few assignments then we are done..  

A ♥ m ♥ a ♥ z ♥ i ♥ n ♥ g

Enjoy this beautiful day ya'll! ;)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment