Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Under water beauties

I am really scared of the ocean but at the same time I love it (Looking at my graduate collection post you will probably notice this). It fascinates me, it makes me want to know more, see more and experience everything that goes with it - even though I know I never will. Well, never say never.. 

I find most of my inspirations for designs while browsing through under water (under the ocean) photography. Nature contains a vast amount of colours, textures and patterns - enough to provide fashion designers with original designs for..ever? I'd say. 

Amazing photography below 

www.pinterest.com





How awesome is this octopus? WOW












If you haven't already seen the film - the Cove - I highly recommend that you watch it. Yes it is sad, yes it is gruesome but if I did not watch this movie I would not have known the true story of what happens behind enemy lines in Taiji, Japan. It really opens up ones eyes and reaches deep into your heart and soul. How can anyone hurt a beautiful creature such as the dolphin? They are the only mammals who recognize what they see when looking into a mirror. They are also the only animals who make love for pleasure and not just to reproduce.. Amazing, isn't it? 

The Cove 
(2009)
Directed by former National Geographic Photographer, 
Louie Psihoyos

www.youtube.com

Even if you do not wish to get involved, just be aware of what is going on in other countries. Pray that this will end soon.

xoxo

2 comments: