Friday, March 18, 2011

Miss Half way

Well, we are almost done with the first term of our graduate year at FEDISA and my oh my, what a busy term it was! Us sleep-deprived students will certainly enjoy our little holiday whether we are going away or back to our hometowns :) After discussing my technical drawings of my collection with the lecturers as well as gathering fabric swatches and deciding what can go where, I am happy to say that Amee is finally EXCITED to start sewing! There will most definitely be late nights and little sleep and I can guarantee you some of us won't sleep at all but we will have to do whatever it takes to finish these garments (well constructed garments hopefully) on time if we want them to be showcased in the FEDISA Graduate Collection Show..

I am amazed at some of the looks my fellow classmates have designed and put together, true fashion designers I tell you. Bravo 3rd years! Only a few more deadlines next week but nothing we can't handle. Yes, we are hardcore like that.   

Last week we had an assignment that required us to do a little bit of half scale drapery. I really liked the themes given to us. We could choose between Joy, Envy, Anger, Sorrow, Love and Fear. Mia Steenkamp and I chose the theme "Anger" so we draped a black structured pleather dress with an over sized collar made of felt with added volume on the hip (Below):






Some of the other draperies:








As you can see, a bunch of talented fashion creatures in my class. We are half way to the start of our sewing processes people, we can do this, we can do this all night long! (Literally).
Later alligators
xoxo
  

No comments:

Post a Comment