Monday, March 28, 2011

Hide and Seek

The first two years of my BA fashion design degree course at FEDISA went by really quickly! At the end of every year FEDISA hosts a Graduate Collection Show to show the public, our friends and families what us crazy creatures have been up to and what we are capable of. 

The first, second and third years each receive separate themes for these shows. In my first year in 2009 our theme was Red Rising and in my second year last year our theme was Tribute to McQueen (in honour of British fashion designer, Alexander McQueen who passed away on the 11th of February 2010). 

My garment for "Red Rising" and my one garment for "Tribute to McQueen" as well as my corseted dress for the J&B Met fashion show at Cavendish are all displayed below. At the end of our last module last year we had to design and sew a corseted dress, which was entered into the J&B Met- Larger than Life Cavendish fashion show and then if you were one of the finalists, your dress was then entered into the J&B Met Competition. 



(Above) GCS 2009 - First year
(My apologies for the size of this photo)



(Above) Judging Day 2009
Model: My beautiful friend, Adri Verster



(Above) GCS 2010 - Second year



(Above) Judging Day 2010
Models: Michelle Viljoen and Megan Taljaard








(Above) Some of the photos from my J&B Met photo shoot

Models: Albe Brink and Salmon Nortje
Location: Lourensford Wine Estate

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment