Sunday, June 5, 2011

Setting the mood :)

When I hear the word “candy” I think of colourful and fun things. Candy land to me could be a land made of candy or it could just be a colourful land. I think of rainbow colours for most candy manufacturers target little children and we all know little children are EXTREMELY attracted to colourful objects, so those are the colours I used on my Candy Land mood board.



A visual of the moon or the earth in outer space with stars and other planets around them definitely gives me a relaxed feeling when I look at it. Outer space is a dark place but seeing that it also passes as serene I used images of it on my Dark Tranquility mood board. A view of the ocean brings calmness to anyone who experiences it (it is proven that the sound and even a look at the ocean, as well as the sound of the ocean relaxes one) and so I used a few images of the ocean. I see miserable weather such as rain, thunderstorms and lightning as tranquil. I added colour swatches of dark colours such as navy, blues and purples.


The definition of decadence is – self-indulgent, corrupt, morally wrong, immoral. So when I hear this word now after researching the meaning I think of rich foods and desserts and strange things such as high fashion photographs.. Random I know but some photographs are "wrong".. so wrong.. When looking at an image I asked myself, “Is this wrong?”. Most women self-indulge in rich desserts, expensive and beautiful clothing and accessories – this falls under decadence. Some of my images are of desserts, high fashion photography and accessories for I think of these things when I hear the word “decadent/decadence”. 


The word “Galactic” means big, colossal, immense, vast, extensive and enormous so that is the reason for me adding images of big hair and an enormous, chunky scarf. Galactic Fields form when galaxies collide so images of outer space are the most expected. When I hear “galactic” I think of futuristic fashion, architecture and technology. Seeing that the theme is “Galactic fields” it has more to do with galaxies so I added sparkly clothing and glitter make up for I was inspired by the stars and planets in outer space. I added colour swatches of darker colours and a few jewel tones which I picked up in the images of outer space.


Mood boards are pretty.. pretty AWESOME! :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment